“Do It Yourself” (DIY) Wedding Receptions and
Other Special Events
7 hours of allotted time (2 hours for setup/decorating, getting ready & guest arrival / 4 hours for ceremony & reception / 1 hour for grand getaway, cleanup, gathering belongings & to vacate premises):
Pricing based on 100 guests:
Add $25 for each additional person
Add $1,000 for holidays/holiday weekend
$5,995 Saturday after 5PM/$750 for each additional hr
$5,495 Friday or Sunday after 5PM/add $600 for each additional hr.
$4,495 Friday, Saturday, Sunday before 3PM/: add $500 for each additional hr.
$3,995 Monday-Thursday: add $400 for each additional hr.
“Do It Yourself” Package Includes:
- Setup and takedown with limited clean up at end of the event
- Use of bridal suite/groom’s room for getting ready/changing ($500 discount if don’t need access to inside of the home)
- Use of inside of the home, pavilion and gardens
- White garden chairs
- Setup of tables and chairs in the great room and pavilion (in-house setup for approximately 24 guests)
- Basic polyester linens (black, white or ivory), other colors/fabrics available for an additional fee
- Use of our “in-inventory” mirrors & vases; add $10 per table for centerpiece assembly (you provide other materials)
- Onsite parking for up to 50 vehicles
- You provide the rest/secure your own vendors
Other requirements for our “DIY” package and vary based on the specifics of your event:
- Security officer: $250 per officer (1 officer per every 100 guests)
- Parking and Parking Attendant (< than 100 guests): $100. Valet Parking >101-150 guests ($600 min +$10/vehicle >50 vehicles). Shuttle service required for events exceeding 150 guests/75 vehicles.
- Trash disposal fee (if caterer is not removing trash at end of the event): $100 minimum or $2/person for events of 100+ guests
- Bartender/bar setup: $275 per bartender (1 bartender for each 50 guests: you provide cups/ice) & alcoholic beverages
- Beverage server for non-alcoholic beverages: $125 per attendant (1 attendant for each 50 guests: you provide cups/ice & non-alcoholic beverages)
Payment & Event Terms:
- To secure your date and timeslot, we require a non-refundable/non-transferable deposit of:
- $3,000 if event is within 12 months or
- $5,000 if event date is more than 12 months (but less than 18 months) away; ($3000 to secure the date & $2,000 due within 2 months) or
- Full payment is required if event date is less than 60 days away
- 50% of remaining balance is due 6 months before event and final balance due 60 days before the event
- Refundable damage deposit of $1,500 is required and due 30 days prior to event date (or via credit card hold 7 days prior to your event) & will be reimbursed within 7 days of event date upon complete inspection and cleaning of home & gardens if no damage has been found and all rules are adhered to
All quoted rates do not include 8.25% sales tax. 13% hotel tax applies to all overnight accommodations and to the $500 “in-house use fee”.
HOLIDAYS: Easter Weekend, Memorial Day/Weekend, 4th of July/Weekend, Labor Day/Weekend, Thanksgiving Day/Weekend, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day
Rates, terms and conditions are subject to change and not guaranteed until contract has been signed by all parties and non-refundable/non-
With almost 4 acres of trees, groomed grounds & lush gardens, events for up to 400 people are possible at Kemah Gardens (valet parking is required and tents are optional based on forecasted weather for the day of the event).
Our climate-controlled reception area/hall can comfortably seat up to 150 guests for an indoor reception and additional 50-60 guests under the covered patio. In case of inclement weather, ceremony will be held in climate-controlled reception area (pavilion) for all events that include pavilion use.
Per fire code, Kemah Gardens can accommodate up to 40 people for an intimate “inside the home” event (seating is available for up to 32).
Start and end times are adjusted based on sunset schedule, duration of your brunch and/or evening event, other events already booked for the same day and City of Kemah Noise Ordinance (11 p.m. Sunday thru Thursday and 12 midnight on Friday and Saturday).
We look forward to helping you every step of the way.
Please call or text us at 281-827-4284 to schedule your consultation/tour of the estate and allow us to help you plan for your special occasion.